Things I learned at my high school reunion
I’m now at an age where reunions replace parties. From the last school reunion I learned a few things:
- I have a terrible memory for names and faces.
- The real father of one girl’s teenage pregnancy.
- Being pretty in school is no guarantee of being good looking later in life, and vice versa.
- The mid to late 80s had some terrible music.
- Someone from my year was recently arrested for stealing a sausage roll.
- You can pay taxi drivers in gin if you haven’t any cash.
- I work with the younger sister of someone I was at school with.
- When placed in a big room together, people quickly get back into the social groups they had 20 years ago.
- Remember the gay wedding on This Morning about 10 years ago? I went to school with one of the grooms.
- At least 5 people I went to school with are now dead. A number that will keep growing over the years.
Posted: 18 May, 2010